Sunday 24 February 2013

Journey to London's Mall Galleries

Heading for London's Mall Galleries exhibition hand-in
Yesterday Max and I drove down to London to hand in my Diamond Jubilee painting, 'A Right Royal Street Party' at the Mall Galleries. It's the first time I've ever thought to exhibit any of my paintings, taken up as I am with commissioned artworks.
Actually, it was quite an adventure, hiring a van and the two of us taking my carefully prepared and wrapped painting to the hand-in. And as it was a Saturday we were able to drive around the capital without the extra expense of the Congestion Charge. 
I've always loved London and took photos of the journey to give you a taste of our day :) Now I need to get back to my ongoing commission work whist anxiously waiting to hear if my painting is selected for the Royal Institute of Painters in Water Colours Spring Exhibition. Fingers crossed!


































And our pictorial journey ends with yet more art :)